Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An old Indian Proverb

An old Indian Proverb says that "We can only be what we give ourselves the power to be" As a small child I used to lay on the earth and looking up watch the birds flying. I sought that feeling for a long time. First on my horse, then on a swing, and then on one of my brothers old motorcycle. I never quite found it until I wanted to be just the bird. To feel the power in my legs as I started my run and then in the lift from my wings. The feel of the air rushing past my face.

The original author of this piece is unknown but I do know it's an old indian prayer usually said at the funeral of an elder when they cross over.
I give you this one thought to keep, I'm with you still. I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints in snow.
When you awake in mornings hush, I am the swift uplifting rush
of feathered wings in circled flight. I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone, I'm with you still in each new dawn.
My voice you'll hear in the eagles' cry, With wings unfurled, At last, I fly
Have a wonderful day
Kui

No comments:

Post a Comment